Saturday, July 28, 2007

An Offer Has Been Made!

Well, we narrowed it down to one house and made an offer on it today. I imagine it being Saturday and all we won't hear back until sometime on Monday. The home we are looking at has 2900 square feet, 4 bedrooms and 3 baths, and sits on about 7/10 of an acre. It's a bit of a fixer-upper, but in a nice neighborhood. I met some of the neighbors Tuesday night and found them all very nice. Middle class merriment, indeed.

I was stopped Thursday night by one of Sanford's finest. It really took me by surprise as I knew for sure I wasn't speeding, and I was just going up the block from the hotel for a Subway sub and chips. Well, turns out that the car I have been borrowing from a friend - for gas purposes as my Ford F-150 is killing me - had a headlamp out. The officer put that bright side-mounted spot light right on my rear view mirror and walked up to my car. He took my license and called it and the tag in, let me know about my light, and let me go on my way. He was professional about it all, but acted much like I did when I was a cop in the 90's. I am guessing he was looking for bigger fish to fry than my headlight, like a drunk driver or a dope dealer, and wanted to get me on up the road.

Hopefully we'll get that house and I'll be back in my truck in the next week or so. That should save me a little of the trouble of that headlamp, and keep the SPD on more important things!

No comments: