Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Sanford (dash) and (dash) Sons

Welcome! This is the blog of the new guy in town, Joe Jon Bryant. I am in the process of relocating to the area after taking a job right here in sunny Sanford, North Carolina!

I don't know much about the Sanford area, but I aim to find out as much as I can and write about the whole relocation experience (to some extent or another) right here. Along the way I will put some things in here and there about what I have learned and what I like and dislike about the whole Sanford area. And I might tell you a little about me, too.

So peek in and check for updates here and there. I'll try to write at least a couple of times a week, especially once we get settled in!

I named the blog "Sanford and Sons" as I am happily married with three young sons and, well, moving to the Sanford, NC area. I tried to get the address sanfordandsons.blogspot.com, but it was already taken by a man with the last name of "Sanford" and his sons, so I just threw in the dashes. So be careful when typing the address to get here! It's http://sanford-and-sons.blogspot.com/ ! *Thanks to Esbee at Life in Forsyth for recommending the name!

See you real soon!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Hello, Joe Jon and welcome to Sanford!!! I moved to Sanford in 1985 and have enjoyed it very much. You get the small town appeal with some of the medium city advantages and you're close enough to all the bigger cities and all they have to offer, if you need that connection.

An idea to help you get more involved in the area: Sanford has a GREAT program called "LEEdership Sanford" that you might want to look into. It is an 8 month program where, for one day a month, you learn all about Sanford and Lee County - businesses, government, history, culture, civic responsibility, etc. It is meant to help develop community leaders. I participated in the 2005-06 class and it was the best thing I have done in a long time! I met so many wonderful people and made a ton of great connections, as well as developed some very close friendships. It is held by the Sanford Area Chamber of Commerce and usually starts in the fall each year. If you think you may be interested, contact the Chamber for an application.

Anyway - just wanted to welcome you and your family to Sanford. I hope you enjoy it!

See you around town -- Kim Pritt

Joe Jon said...

Thanks for the kind comments, Kim. I do hope we get a chance to meet, and I do look forward to discovering more about the LEEdership Sanford program. It sounds like it would be a blast!

Take care!